St. Charles Borromeo Parish was founded by Fr. Edward F. McCallion and charter parish members in 1956.
Intimately connected with the parish, St. Charles Borromeo School developed under the direction and selfless dedication of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia into a place of academic excellence and deep Catholic community roots and traditions. In 1985, the administration of the school was restructured. A school commission was formed and the first lay principal directed the school.
Fr. George Rink became pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Parish in 1976 and under his guidance the parish continued to grow. In 1990 Fr. Patrick Ritter followed Fr. Rink as pastor and a number of new facilities were added and the parish grew to over 2,000 families. On July 1, 2000, Archbishop Alex Brunett appointed Fr. Michael J. McDermott as pastor. In 2006 the parish celebrated its 50th Anniversary.
Today a wide variety of opportunities are available to parishioners of St. Charles Borromeo Parish as its community continues to grow together in becoming Christ's disciples spreading the good news to the greater Tacoma area.
More information is available in the Parish Library and 50 year anniversary DVDs are available in the Parish Office.
About Us >